Friday, February 09, 2007

Isn't it knit-tastic?

I couldn't come up with a title for this post (does anyone else despise coming up with names for things? I am so bad at it), so wysiwyg. If you don't like it, well...neither do I, but it's the best I could do. Give me a break - I'm all hopped up on homeopathic cold medicine.

Thanks again for all your encouraging comments on the Interweave socks. I'm still disappointed that they didn't get more coverage in the print mag, but it looks like folks are finding them and liking them, so that's all that really matters. My Fall socks have a teeny little chart, so hopefully they won't get bumped due to space issues. I've come up with two other sock swatches, one for Interweave and one for Blue Moon, that I'm totally proud of. We'll see what happens when I send them off for others to judge!

I should be going to bed now - I'm totally exhausted. It seems like I turn the tv in our bedroom on every night, just to see what's on and watch for a little bit before I go to bed. Bad idea. Last night I got totally sucked in to North Country and had to watch to the end. That movie is just so satisfying - if you haven't seen it, you really should. It's the kind of movie that is so incredibly frustrating all the way through but the ending makes it all worthwhile because it's so...well, for lack of a better word that hasn't been used before in this paragraph...satisfying!

On a totally different subject, I took my camera with me this morning to get a couple pictures I've been meaning to take for ages. I found a beautiful vista looking over a golf course towards Mt. Tabor, with clouds and pine trees and a pond, but when I turned my camera on I got a nice little message - no memory card. D'oh! So I had to come home and take my first pictures for Project Spectrum here instead. First, the yarn I just got in the mail from Mama-E - it's called Arctic Tundra, it's sport weight, and I love it:



BTW, we are going to have two very exciting exclusive colorways coming into the shop from Mama-E very soon, along with a couple sport weight colors from Chewy Spaghetti. Yay!

Next, I was wandering around the kitchen and noticed that my new teapot (picked up at Ikea on our trip home from San Juan island) is in PS colors. Here it is, cozying up to my yarn. Hmm...think it wants me to knit it a tea cozy?



Curious about those plastic spoons in the background? Well, this is what happens when Bill and I are both too tired/sick/apathetic to supervise our children in the kitchen:



Lately they've been entertaining themselves by bypassing the child locks on a couple of our kitchen drawers and digging out everything they can find. Tonight they got into a couple packs of gum (not sure how much Owen swallowed before we caught him red-handed, but I'm assuming that a couple pieces of gum won't kill him) along with a package of plastic spoons. Sydney was never this bad when she was Owen's age, but she's terrible now that she has her little partner in crime (on whom she tries to blame everything - her favorite phrase is "Owen teached me how to do it").

Speaking of criminals, once again my time is up. Someone is trying to climb into my lap and get ahold of the stapler.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Ah yes, my two little cousins did that kind of thing. Only problem was, Matt actually WAS the instigator. He would say things like 'Mark, go get the _____out of the drawer" and Mark would!

8:36 AM  
Blogger lexa said...

I bought what I thought would be great child lock things for our kitchen cupboards when the littlest one was small. I had a hard time opening them sometimes, he got them open no problem at all. Had to keep him totally gated from the kitchen til he was like three, then it was still a struggle to keep him out of stuff. He just turned four last month, and he still gets into everything!

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home