Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Whoopsie...

I have a big, fat apology to make. I made what I thought was a passing comment, characterizing a former classmate as "nutty" and stupidly using her full name (because it is distinctive, and I love it - my great-grandmother shared her first name, and I would've named my daughter that if my husband would've been agreeable). I didn't fill in the whole story, which would've made clear that I meant nutty in the best possible way. This person was a sophomore when I was a freshman, and she was a fun, fabulous person who read Tarot cards in the dorm lounge and was a ray of light whenever she walked into a room.

Obviously, this didn't come through in the comment that I tossed out while not thinking, it got back to her, and offense was taken. I wanted to clarify what I meant, and apologize to this person in the deepest sense.

Just another reminder of how careful you have to be when your ramblings are out there, unedited, for the world to see. I am so sorry.

2 Comments:

Blogger msubulldog said...

Oh, how unfortunate. :( That kind of thing seems to happen more frequently now that so much communication happens via email/Internet (i.e. loss of "voice", tone, and sentiment), and I think it's happened to everyone at least once. For the record, I thought your original description made her sound like a wonderful person!

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You made a mistake and asked for forgiveness... I hope it's given with the same warmth as you asked. As this is my first visit to your blog, I thought it would be appropriate to read your "100 Things About Me" list. Loved it! You have a gift for being authentic... it will make your book a success. Great meeting you at Cat's retreat.

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home