Saturday, January 13, 2007

Here I am!

Well, I made it to San Diego. Now I just have to get myself defrazzled enough to head down to the convention center (aka Yarn Heaven)... I seriously thought about bagging the whole trip several times last night. And this morning. As the plane was taxiing down the runway in Portland, I thought a little bit too hard about jumping up and screaming "let me off let me off let me off!" But I didn't. So here I am!

I got early check-in at my hotel, which is great, but the only problem is that I got a non-smoking room but on a smoking floor. It's amazing how sensitive I've become after living in smoke-free states for so long. In my younger years, I had a smoking roommate and wasn't bothered by it in the least! But now, it really bugs me. We'll see how I do - if I can't shake it, I guess I can always request a new room. But this room has a nice view of the harbor, complete with big schooner (or is it a sloop? I can't remember all my sailing ships - it's got three masts, the back one shorter than the others) and cruise ship. I didn't bring my camera since they're not allowed into the show (not that I seem to be posting ANY pictures lately - sorry 'bout that!).

Owen, of course, woke up when I got up and screamed his head off as I was leaving. He's fine now (I of course called the second I got off the plane to make sure everyone was still alive), but it made it extra hard to leave. I've never been away from Owen overnight, and I haven't been away from Sydney for this long since she was a baby. I miss my kiddos! I'm trying to sit back and enjoy the silence (how nice to sit on a plane without having to entertain anyone but myself! How nice to sit in a hotel room without having to worry about someone making a long-distance call or sticking a fork into the electrical outlet!).

Okay, enough procrastinating. I'm off to see what all the fuss is about! I'll send in another post from the front when I get a chance. Yee-haw!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so jealous! I was out there a couple years ago for work. I stayed at a nice hotel near the covention center; can't remember the name right now. Which hotel are you staying in? Enjoy your time there; San Diego is beautiful!

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I know you must miss your babes (and the hubby, too, *right*?), but good God, you'll be back soon enough... Enjoy the silence, woman! I wish I could be alone for longer than it takes to go to the bathroom. Have a great time, live it up for all of us back at home with screaming, fighting kiddos.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Sometimes, we all need a break. Even if we don't realize it! Enjoy this and then when you get back the kids and hubbo will be there, happy as anything that you're back. That's a two-fer if I ever heard of one!

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Assuming the ship you are seeing is the Star of India, it's a "barque." It was built in 1863 and still sails!! Welcome to America's Finest City, hope you enjoy your stay & sorry for the cold weather :) (I wish I could go to TNNA!!)

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home