Sunday, January 14, 2007

The End

I made it through my second day away from home. I didn't manage to get up in time to attend my class (pulling myself out of bed at 7 in order to get to the convention center by 8, knowing I was going to have to come back to the hotel to run, just didn't do it for me when I hit the snooze button this morning - sorry, Shannon!). I slept until 9 (ahhhhh...), then got up and went for a nice 6-mile run. Okay, semi-nice. I felt great, and it was absolutely gorgeous (I ran along the harbor on the east side of San Diego Bay), but I brought the wrong shoes and so my feet were killing me after about 2 miles. I persisted, but I've been limping around ever since. Stupid Nikes!

After recovering from the run, I hopped on the trolley (which sounds much more rustic than what it actually is, which is a light-rail system) and headed back to the convention center. I gave Starbucks a second chance for lunch, mainly because I couldn't find anything better... I tried a Caesar salad this time, which was not bad. Then, I did some more wandering - not as exciting as yesterday, but the networking was a little bit easier for me. I handed out several more business cards, including one to a rep on the east coast, one to the design coordinator at Blue Sky Alpacas, and one to a LYS owner from Newport, OR, who I ran into while waiting in line to get a book signed by Vicki Howell (who is totally adorable in person, too, BTW). Awesomely, at TNNA they GIVE you the books for free! I didn't manage to get the Nikki Epstein or Melissa Leapman books (they gave out 100 tickets for each book-signing, and you had to happen to walk by while they were handing them out), but I got Vicki's book as well as Annie Modesitt's new collaboration "Men Who Knit and the Dogs Who Love Them".

Before I headed out, totally exhausted, I stopped by Stefanie Japel's table (aka Glampyre Knits) and made an ass of myself fawning over her. She took it very nicely! By that time, I felt like I was wandering in circles and decided to head back to the hotel. Since everything was pretty much wrapped up, I decided to see if I could scam my way onto an earlier flight so I'll be leaving at 9 pm tonight instead of at 10 am tomorrow morning. My little jaunt away from home was fun, but I'm ready to be back in my own bed! That and the fact that my hotel-neighbors have been having a knock-down, drag-out screaming match for the past couple hours. Yikes! I don't want to be listening to that at 3 am...

3 Comments:

Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Sounds like a great day! Have a safe trip home!

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm green with envy - Don't worry, I was a blathering idiot when I got to meet Nikki Epstein at Knit-Out 2005 In D.C.
Hope you got home early, I always feel out of sorts as well on the rare occasion I leave my little people home.
Your SP9

8:55 AM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

I have so loved reading about your trip! Especially about seeing your designs in the booths and hearing "the designer, Chrissy Gardiner?" Oh, I would have made them speak into a tape recorder for that one! *grin* Congrats on your big trip away and all the awesome networking you got to do!

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home