Sunday, October 22, 2006

Speaking of lots of knitting...

I just went in to check on the number of sock updates I have, and there are 51 of them. 51! That's just the number of individual e-mails I've gotten from all you sockers, so there may be even more actual socks that have been knit. Guess I'd better get started, huh?

Siri has some Regia crazy color socks that are very fall and some Lorna's Laces Fun Knits socks that are also pretty autumnal. And did you see the new issue of Knit Simple? There is an article on blogging, and Knitting Iris is listed as one of their faves! I can certainly see why - yay, Siri!

Debbie finished up a cute little baby set for a co-worker which included baby socks.

Margo made some nice plain grey socks, finished up at her SIL's b-day party.

OzKnitter made some sweet Opal Ladybug socks for the Red Sock KAL.

Eva made two pairs of socks in September but somehow her update e-mails didn't make it to me until now. Sorry, Eva!

Abigail the swap queen made some Ruby Slippers for her mom.

Kris made some lovely Hippy Crunchy Socks.

KellyD made these!



Khris made some Red Hat socks (along with dying some totally gorgeous yarn) and Princess Stomping Foot socks (along with dying some more totally gorgeous yarn).

Nicola knit some lovely Leafy Lace socks.

ZhiWen made some Rainforest Flamingo slipper socks.

Charity made some cute little striped short socks.

Christy made a "pair" of Xmas stockings.

Ragan made some crazy pink socks and some slightly more sedate blue socks.

Laura made some orange Socktoberfest socks and some grey cable socks.

Bettina knit up these lovely Gentleman's Fancy Socks from Knitting Vintage Socks.



Fancy, aren't they? She also made Beaudelaires:



And a 2nd pair of Socks of Doom:



Which count because she started them from scratch. And finally, yet another pair, a hybrid of Beaudelaire and the Socks of Doom (she calls them the Rib of Doom socks):



She's also started a knit-along for Eunny's "Chuck's Favorite Socks" pattern. If you like cabled socks, go check it out!

Teri knit some Lilac Lace socks for the Mystery Sock KAL.

Aija made some single-skein footies.

Janin made some blue-and-white Jaywalkers in the colors of the Finnish flag. Suomi!

Liz made some blue Embossed Leaves socks.

Lynn made some adorable Baby Girl socks.

Nelda made some Lobster Pot Socks which are from a new pattern of mine which will be added to my website as soon as I can get the final pattern edits done.

Silja made some "horrible and ugly" socks.

Tammy made socks for her nephew and her daughter. She got some new yarn, too!

Karen made some pink Foot Cozy socks.

Sarah has beach pics and some Petticoat socks.

Karen made some long blue hubby socks and some cute little baby socks.

Adrienne made these Flow Motion socks:



Erica made some Karen's Sugar-Free Socks and some nice straightforward blue socks.

Jessica finished some pink-brown-cream merino handdye socks along with some socks-with-a-long-story.

Sheri made some Aran Braid mystery socks and some little socks for her little guy.

Beth made some very pretty Chocolate Columbine Peaks socks.

Julia made some top-secret gift socks.

Nancy made these colorful Sarah's Mermaid Socks:



Nadine made some Opal Silk socks for her dad and some funky black-and-white socks for her cousin.

Lain made these cute little lilac socks.

Natalie made some Rainbow Socks for a friend, and also set up her new website. Go check out her yarn!

Kelly made some uber-cool Slinky Socks.

Jacey's got some amazing Slipped Sanity socks. You have got to check these ones out!

Kelly's got two pairs - green Knit Picks and Regia Bamboo.

Shelley made two cute little pairs for October.

Sonya knit up a pair of Karen's Sugar-Free Socks and finally gave into the temptation of the Koigu.

Emily made a cute pair of Fuzzy Feet:



And our last entry is from Aimee, who finished one little pair of socks this month.

Whew! That was fun, but I really need to stop putting the updates off until I have so many. You guys are just too prolific! And now, it's time for me to go to bed before I wake up at 3 am with key imprints on my forehead and drool shorting out my keyboard.

7 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Wow, that's a lot of socks. I don't think my October socks have been credited yet - I'm sure my e-mail got lost in the rush of the other 51!! I posted them here. :)

5:48 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

What a feast of footies! Great fun, even for us non-sockettes.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Liz K. said...

Phew! Must be Socktober!

1:03 PM  
Blogger lexa said...

That's a big sock update!

1:11 PM  
Blogger soapy said...

WOW! Some great looking socks ladies!!

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, well, well. It looks like now I know where to come for the sock ogling AND the latest news. I didn't know about the Knit Simple mention until reading about it here. WOW! Thanks for letting me know! I'll have to go find a copy somewhere.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Thank you for the sock update. I want you to know that I really appreciate the work you put into each and every one. I love to see all the socks. I find it very inspiring.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home