Thursday, October 12, 2006

Greetings from the nuthouse

For some reason, I keep getting the silly idea that I don't have enough going on. And so I volunteered to be one of the newsletter editors for the Tigard Knitting Guild next year, which is a board position and involves extra board meetings every month in addition to soliciting articles for the newsletter and putting it all together. I've also got this crazy bug in an unmentionable spot about running the Portland marathon next year. I've always wanted to run a marathon, and seeing Bill do it this year really made me want to go for it. Of course, I don't think I could run 100 meters with a knife-wielding maniac chasing me right now, but for some reason I think I can whip my butt into shape by next October. In all that free time.

I also have about a million ideas for home and yard improvement as well as things I want to start doing (like baking bread and canning stuff). This from a woman who can barely get the laundry done each week and whose kitchen counters are always have at least one layer of dirty dishes and old takeout containers covering them. Sigh.

And besides, how am I supposed to find time for all that when I have so much knitting to do? I've got two projects for Blue Moon on the front burners right now. I can't resist showing you the yarn because it is so freakin' GORGEOUS! First we have their bulky Icelandic wool in the Harlotty colorway. Amazing.



I'm also working on some socks in Seduction, which is a tasty blend of merino and tencel. I can't remember what this colorway is called, but I want to say it's Puck's Mischief.



I've got a couple of FOs for you all, too - the devil bag, and the spider bag. They turned out pretty cute, although not as deep as I would've liked. I had a feeling that they wouldn't when I was working the pattern, but I didn't modify it. The shallowness does make them work for an unintended purpose:



Think she needs me to felt her a kitty bed? Fortunately the kids are too young to notice cat hair mixed in with their Halloween candy. Here's an unobstructed view of the spider bag:



And now I'm off to work on my heel flap and mentally prepare myself for the weekend of classes with Nancy Freakin' Bush! I'm doing Estonian Lace, Estonian Traveling Stitches and Knitting Vintage Socks. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to it.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jillio said...

teach your kids to knit so you can afford yourself more time :) hehehe...i love how a cat in the house adds another element to this blog. tee hee!

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A weekend with Nancy Bush...*swoon*

12:14 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Harlotty Icelandic -- yummmmm.

4:54 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

The spider bag is just too cute!

5:34 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

So does one need to be a guild member to contribute articles? Want to do a book review article on me? How about a favorite knitting tips column? Meditations on aspects of kntting a-la Harlot?

I love to write, would love to get more print time, but just can't make it to evening meetings, so joining the guild probably isn't something I could manage. But I'd love to help!!

6:52 AM  
Blogger Charity said...

Nice job on the bags! I know what you mean about giving yourself more to do... I'm always thinking, "Oh, I could do that!" with great enthusiasm and full of ideas, until I realize that I don't even have time to wash my hair! :0)

9:41 AM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Oh, thank GOD Katrina offered to help you with the newsletter! I was feeling myself start to break down (and I'm already in charge of one monthly newsletter, I really didn't want any more. . . ). *whew*
I think the Marathon goal is awesome and you definitely have enough time to train! I was training for a half-marathon (which has now been derailed--details later) and gave myself 6 months which I think would have been plenty. You can do it!!! I'll even come down to the course to cheer you on. *grin*
Those Halloween bags are too cute! How does the spider stand up on its own? Is it just the sturdiness of the felted legs???

10:37 AM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

Love your Spidey bag! NB, you lucky woman you:)

1:47 AM  
Blogger Teri.p said...

Har har har, "all that free time!" You crack me up, Chrissy.

Love the SpiderBag!

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the spider back. The blue moon color is Puck's Mischief. It was last months Socks that Rock Club color. It's so great!! I haven't knit with any of the yarn yet but I sure do love getting it and feeling it. :) You'll have to let me know the next time an awesome class or knitting time is happening. I feel so disconnected since I've moved. :) Not that I normally have anytime with school to do anything but you never know. Okay I'd better stop procrastinating and work on my geography project.

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home