Monday, October 16, 2006

Info for my secret pals and some excuses for the rest of you...

I'm all about the excuses lately. I've only got 25 sock updates, but they're obviously not done yet. For some reason, every time I sit down in front of the computer, I don't feel like doing anything. I don't feel like blogging, I don't feel like replying to e-mails, I don't feel like writing patterns... Is it the change of seasons? I've totally got the blahs.

Since I can't get my butt in gear for sock updates, I've got a couple answers for my secret pals who I hope haven't totally given up on my by now. First, for my Sockret Pal, who asked what my dream storage solution would be for circular needles. I have been racking my brain over this one since you asked, and I'm having a horrible time deciding. I like the hanging ones that have a little pocket to stick each needle in, but I'm afraid that between kids and cats, it wouldn't have a fighting chance (although I could always hide it from them). Maybe a little pocket folder thing (sort of like the Knit Picks needle case) would work? With a pocket for each needle that I could label on the outside with the needle length/size and then the needle would be coiled up inside? I think that regardless of how the needles are stored, the most important thing would be an attached needle gauge since most of my circs don't have size written on them and I can never find my needle sizer when I need it. Hope that helps a little bit!

And now for my SP9, who asked if I reread books I like and how many times I've read my favorite book. I have to confess that I don't reread books very often. I think the book I've reread most often would be "Wicked" by Gregory Maguire, which I've read at least three times and wouldn't mind reading again, now that I'm thinking about it. I tend to like new material when I pick something up to read, especially since I don't get much reading time in these days. Movies, on the other hand, I'll watch over and over. I've seen Groundhog Day probably a hundred times.

I will try my best to get off my butt and post those updates along with a little recap of the Nancy Bush extravaganza I was lucky enough to attend this past weekend. In the meantime, you can stalk Katrina, who was there for all three classes with me but hasn't posted yet either, and Amanda, who was there for the Estonian Traveling Stitches class and has already written up her glowing review. I will confess to having quite the little crush on Nancy. She is just like her books, which is to say absolutely fabulous! I love her. I really do!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is some amount of irony in watching Groundhog Day over and over and over again, you know... ;)

4:34 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

It's the darn grey skies lately. *sigh* It's like living in a cave--you don't know what time it is because from 6:30 am to 5:30 pm everything looks the same. Plus all the lights in the house have to be on to see anything. If it's this bad after just 3 days, things don't look good for my patience with winter this year. *grin*
p.s. I don't reread books, either. :)

4:41 PM  
Blogger BeanMama said...

My problem with circular needle storage solutions is that I like to keep my circs in their original packaging -- 'cause I use Addi Naturas and they break occasionally and if I have the original packaging then I can get them replaced for freeee! Keeping them stored separately makes no sense since then a) I need two storage solutions and b) if the right needle's in the right case then they're easier to identify by size so why split 'em up? But no cases that I've found will accommodate the original packaging. I've been wanting to design one myself but I'm just not... clever. :(

11:03 PM  
Blogger roxie said...

I use quart-sized zip-lock freezer bags with the size written on it to hold circs and dps. These go into one of those cardboard file boxes. I spray-painted it to match the living-room decor.

And yes, it's the seasonal transition that has you wanting to curl and hibernate. Time for crock-pot meals and walks in the rain. Come on! your won't melt. Put on a hat and a good wool sweater and you'll be fine!

6:45 AM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

I am always looking for the perfect circular needle solution. They are an unrully bunch.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home