Monday, January 30, 2006

Huh?!?

Well, today is the first day in a loooong time that there haven't been any sock updates to report. So I'm going to use this opportunity to implore you all to get your socks in ASAP! Remember, they have to be to me by midnight PST on Tuesday in order to count for your J. Or at least by the time I get up in the morning on Wednesday, which could be anywhere from 6 am to 9 am, depending on how nice the boy is to me... I will then be getting the January drawing organized (prize this month is the Knit Picks Parade) and post the winner on Friday.

I am still looking for the person who left an anonymous comment about their Potowatamuses being done (yes, I know that's not right, but that name drives me CRAZY). Please check and see if you have a J if you think you should. If you don't, please e-mail me or leave a comment (or better yet, both, since it seems like some e-mails haven't been getting to me). If you do leave a comment, PLEASE make sure a link to your blog is included either in your profile (which needs to be public) or in the text of the comment. If you don't have a blog, you need to e-mail me your sock pics or post them on Flickr or Photobucket and send me a link. I need to see your socks before you can get credit!!!

Since we don't have any socks to look at, I'll give you a pumpkin update instead. Yesterday we were heading out the door to have dinner at my in-laws, and I was confronted by this:

I asked Bill what had happened to the pumpkin, and he looked at it with a puzzled expression and said "Huh. That's weird." Now, Bill has a deadpan sense of humor that often leaves me stumped. I'm like my mom in that I'm quite gullible a lot of the time. So my first thought was that the pumpkin had finally disintegrated. The second was that my mother-in-law HAD finally come and stolen it off our porch. Then it clicked, and I knew that Bill had snuck out and buried it while I thought he was on his run. So now we'll be on the lookout for pumpkin plants in our front bed this summer.

And for those of you who are as much of the Katie-Holmes-is-totally-pathetic mindset as I am, I give you this link. It has it all - Tom Cruise bashing, a gay cowboy reference, and a Ron Livingston mention (he's my boy from Office Space and Swingers).

I'll leave you with this lovely pic of all my Masters Level I swatches out blocking.

The loose threads you see are my crazy method of keeping track of which swatch is which (it's a little system involving loops and knots to represent numbers). Now I just have to write up the answers to a slew of questions and write my little one-page report on blocking, and I'm ready to send them in! I'm ready to be done with it, I can tell you that!

Oops! I almost forgot - today is FLASH YOUR STASH day! Go see the yarn I'm going to eventually use for Denmark from Knitting On The Road, along with a lot of other lovely lovelies. Thanks, Mama-E!

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think poor Katie has been brainwashed! Poor poor Katie.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

I keep waiting to hear that Katie's family has grabbed her sent her into seclusion with a deprogrammer. Sad, very sad. The swatches look great. You're an inspiration!

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking at all those squares there makes me feel a bit guilty as I have a bad habit of not swatching before I start a project. Speaking of projects, my january socks are finished.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Ragan said...

I posted Sarah's finished socks for my brownie points! YAY!

9:34 AM  
Blogger jennie said...

too late for january, too early for february, and i already have a brownie point (mmm... brownies), but i finished jaywalker #2. they are so purty, i don't want to give them away!

11:37 AM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

I'm glad to hear your pumpkin has finally been taken care of, that thing was creepy! Your swatches look great so neat and tidy. Now I am going to go check out some stashes.

12:17 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Maybe the Great Pumpkin came and rescue your porch pumpkin? :)

12:20 PM  
Blogger chris said...

I'm totally impressed that Bill would touch, lift and MOVE that "pumpkin!" That man's got a strong (or would it be weak?) gag reflex- he's no flincher! I'm just sad that I won't get to see all the new microbial colonies. Oh well, it was good while it lasted. ;-) And your swatches look awesome! I don't know how you manage to get everything done- it's like you don't sleep or something...oh wait, that's right, you don't sleep. ;-) Hope Owen lets you get some shut-eye soon..take care! :-)

12:20 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Hmm, I think it's the calm before the storm. I'm betting a bunch of people are furiously knitting right now to get their J's.

I myself finished DF's jaywalkers but won't be posting them for reasons beyond my control. I'll email you a picture for proof.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

I posted my brownie point socks yeaterday. Come on over and have a peek. I'm getting woozy looking at all your swatches. You go girl!

4:58 PM  
Blogger amandazen said...

I am glad to hear that your pumpkin has moved along... I have to agree with areli it was a little creepy:)

I finished another pair of socks for January (I think it is still January)...

Rumba Socks

Thanks again for hosting the Socks a Month KAL...

Amanda

7:26 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

I just finished my pair for January and learned how to post pics on my blog today - with alot of help from my kids!!
Linda

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your welcome toots!Lotsa fun (lotsa hits!)
Can't wait to see what you got for me next week!

8:19 PM  
Blogger wendy said...

Please sign me up for your sock-a-month KAL.
wendy
http://intertwinement.blogspot.com/

9:31 PM  
Blogger Cece said...

It's Cece again - I let a comment on a different post, and couldn't find it again. Anyway - I'd like to join your knit-a-long for Feb - and I did finish a pair in Jan (see my 1/29 post)

Fun stuff!

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home