Sunday, January 29, 2006

Super Sock Sunday!!!

It's like Super Bowl Sunday, only better! Speaking of which, I might actually watch the Superbowl this year. I have been a football hater all my life. I've repeatedly stated my disdain for football with pride. But...I actually watched a little bit of a game with Bill last weekend and found myself enjoying it just a little tiny bit. It helps when you have a husband who is kind and patient enough to explain every little detail over and over again. I've had a stubborn mental block against understanding yardage, downs, safeties, field goals, etc. But for some reason, this time, I got it. And the Superbowl is featuring the Seattle Seahawks, which is the closest Portland gets to having a football team, and the Pittsburgh Steelers who, for some random reason, have been Bill's favorite team ever since he was a kid. I can't believe I'm considering watching football for any other reason than to scorn it. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Now that that tangent is complete, here are your socks!

Laura finished her Jaywalkers and gets her January brownie point. Gorgeous! I love seeing how all the different colors of Sock Garden knit up.

Saff posted her January socks, which are a lovely pair of Regia (with awesome matching stripes, BTW) socks.

Lolly got a brownie point for these gorgeous blue Koigu socks. That yarn is incredible! Also, if you haven't checked it out yet, she's got a great art-along (it's more than just a knit-along) starting up in March called Project Spectrum. The button is right next to those socks, so go see what it's all about. I've already got the perfect yellow and orange striped sock yarn for April.

And Crazy Basket Lady made a pair of Opal socks for a friend but sent them out before she took a picture! 30 lashes for you! I will give you a brownie point without a picture, just this once, but next time you're going straight to sock detention!

Now that that's done with, I'm going to take a moment to have a little pity party for myself. I got my rejection notice back from No Sheep For You this morning. It was a very nice note, but it was still a bit of a bummer. The good news is that I was in the final running. Putting a knitting book together (or a magazine issue, for that matter) is like putting together a very complicated puzzle. You've got to get a good mix of different styles, colors, skill levels, yarn types, yada yada yada. I have one design in particular out of this set that I really, really like so now I have to decide what I'm going to do with it next.

I've also got this crazy idea in my head that I have to submit something for the next Knitty. The deadline is Feb 1, and I just started knitting it Friday night. Knitty requires that you send in a completed pattern w/ photographs as your submission instead of just a concept, so I'm going to be cutting it VERY close. We'll see what happens!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I'll join you on the couch on Superbowl sunday with nachos and some knitting. ;)

9:55 AM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

I can't decide if I'll be watching the SuperBowl or canvassing the yarn shops to see who has the best SuperBowl Sunday sales! (My mom's LYS in TN is having 25% off everything, so I have a request in for some Manos del Uruguay. LOL!)
I do like football--I come from the South, so it's not like I have any choice--but I only really like to watch the SuperBowl if I have an interest in either of the teams. . . Go Seahawks! :)

10:29 AM  
Blogger chris said...

I'm so sorry to hear about No Sheep For You. That's such a bummer, but you I know this cloud will have a silver lining, because someone else is going to snatch that design right up. Good luck with the Knitty submission- we're all cheering you on! I know you can do it, Chrissy!! I actually don't mind football, but I can never remember all the rules and terms, either. It drives Mr. W NUTS because he always has to stop and explain all the different penalties and stuff. I kinda caught the hint when he started taping games and watching them late at night after I went to sleep. ;-) That's okay, because I'm all about the FOOD on Superbowl Sunday!! When else do you get to melt a whole block of nasty not-even-cheese Velveeta and not feel guilty about it?! Take care! :-)

11:16 AM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Very sorry to hear about the rejection notice :o(

As for the football, I suppose that if after watching a bit of it and you change your mind...or even if you don't, you can always knit during it...I'm not a football fan (or really any sport fan, though I don't mind hockey that much) so I won't be watching Superbowl.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Sounds like you got the same email I did this morning! I've never been able to please that woman :)
Best of luck finishing something for Knitty.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Sorry about the No Sheep For You, but good luck on doing a design for Knitty. I'm really enjoying seeing all the lovely socks!

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home