Wednesday, November 02, 2005

This is why it's a bad idea to knit in bed...


Somehow my poor little dpn got lost in the comforter as I was putting my knitting away for the night. I found it poking me in the knee in its new reincarnation as two dpns when I was changing a 3 am diaper. Bummer! And no, I don't know what that white stain on the table is (probably baby barf). I just noticed that in the photo. Sorry, but we do mysterious blobs right in this household.

It's a good thing I'm going to Mabel's tonight for a fair isle sampler class so I can pick up another set of needles. You get 10% off everything while you're enrolled in a class, so I might have to have a little yarn binge while I'm at it. This is why I can't get rid of the baby weight - no self control.

I don't have anything interesting to say, so I'll leave you with a couple of progress pics. First, the 2nd Conwy, on which I made some progress last night during knitting group.


And here is Pasha, stuffed and waiting for feet and wings.


This was such a fun little project - very quick and the pattern was very well-written. It rates itself as Piquant, but I think just about anyone who knows how to increase and decrease could handle it. I'm knitting it in LB Wool-Ease because it's nice and cheap (and who needs a stuffed animal knit out of luxury yarn?).

8 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

Look at your dpn! Poor little guy. We've got remnants of baby barf, toddler barf and preschool barf all over the house because we're sentimental that way. ;-) Yay for the 2nd Conwy- looking good! And your Pasha looks adorable, even without feet, wings and eyes. Can't wait to see it finished.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

Poor dpn. I can relate to the barf, I've got lots of pee here, too, due to potty training. Your Pasha is pretty cute and cuddly.

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Pasha is perfection! And the colors couldn't be better...

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Pasha penguin! I remember posting a picture of John when he was tiny with a spot on his co-sleeper sheet and making some comment about that was hardly enough to actually change a sheet! Ah, the standards of motherhood...

7:41 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh, I was just about to work on Sockling in bed . . . maybe I should think twice. Love Pasha (the pengiun, not the skater). I've looked at the pattern in the past but thought Piquant would be too hard for me. But hey, I can increase . . . I can even decrease . . . I just may have to try it!!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

Pasha is so cute :) I'm glad that dpn didn't injure anyone!

12:22 AM  
Blogger Mamma said...

Pasha is cute. What's not to love about a penguin?
My house if full of mystery stains too. Lately they seem to be either cat barf or chocolate milk. I think all of our sheets are stained with chocolate milk (I know bad bad mommy putting children to bed with not only milk, but chocolate milk, please do not report me to the ada)
(I mean american dental association, but it could also mean assistant district attoryney)

6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DPN so sad I have lost a lot but not broken one yet cross fingers. Your Pasha is so so cute. I have not forgotten about you or anything I am getting your box together and I guess you get 1 big box and not some smaller ones I am so sorry about that. Been a bad pal this time.

SP6

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home