Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Where to start?

I've got lots of stuff to talk about today (surprise, surprise), and I've got to do it all before the wee goober wakes up from his nap. Otherwise, I get stuck blogging like this:


He's cute and all, but it's kind of a hassle when he keeps hitting the keyboard with his little paw and I end up with a line like vchvcvcvcvcmncvzx,ms. m,xzC m.

Owen has been really into rolling onto his stomach lately. Every time I put him down on the floor, he's instantly over onto his tummy. Yesterday I put him on his changing table, which is right behind my computer chair, and turned to check some e-mails. When I turned around to check on him, he was on his stomach. Fortunately this thing has really high sides so it would be difficult for him to crawl over the edge (although those days will be here soon enough). Last night I woke up about 2 am to find him sleeping on his stomach, which freaked me right out (with SIDS and all). I flipped him over, and he immediately started trying to turn back, forcing me to sleep with an arm across his hips, pinning him down, for the rest of the night.

I don't have too much progress on my own knitting to report, but last night I got some pictures of my knitting mommies' FOs. S makes the greatest felted bags. These two are a small sample of all of the bags she's made - aren't they cute?




The second one is a little tiny thing - about the size of a wallet. It is too cute!

I also snapped a stealth picture of F using the ball winder in her snuggly green sweater. It turned out a bit big, but it is the coziest thing and makes me jealous every time I see it (I love baggy clothes, especially sweaters).


She is also a whiz at making the felted clogs from the Fiber Trends pattern, and they are so awesome. I need to get my hands on that pattern somehow...

S also brought a fabulous little bag of old yarn that she was offering up for grabs (of course I snatched it).


It's 100% virgin wool and there are three unwound hanks, about six hand-wound balls and one pile of yarn barf. So, it's a good amount of yarn! It looks to be somewhere between lace-weight and fingering-weight, and is quite delicate. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them. I'm thinking something lacy...

I've also decided that I need to freeze my credit card in a block of ice. That's what they tell people to do who are having problems controlling their spending, right? I have been on such a shopping bender lately, I'm going to drive us right into the poorhouse. So I am pledging it here - no more new yarn until 2006! You heard me right... The only yarn I can buy is for SP gifts or (and this is a sneaky loophole on my part) designs that I am going to make up right away and try to sell. But I can only do that after I am finished with the designs I'm currently working on, so that should close that loophole almost all the way... It's ridiculous that I'm ordering from Knit Picks just about every week when I have projects already in my stash that would keep me busy through mid-July of next year. My kids have enough toys and clothes to last them six months, so they don't need anything new until they're on the next size. Yup, you heard me right, honey, and feel free to hold me to it!

6 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

While I try to get my blogging done late at night, I often end up blog commenting in that position. Except since Bossy Boots can spell, he'll often type totally arbitrary words in when I'm not looking. So next time you get something that looks like "Sock looks fabulous green eggs and ham" you'll know why. ;) Those bags are super cute and what a great score on the yarn! I have faith in your pledge...and salute your quick thinking with the loopholes. :-)

11:52 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Whoa now, let's not get crazy!! Between you and Keohinani, this frozen credit card thing is scaring me. Especially since this morning. Totally out of the blue, my husband (Sweetpea) said "After I read your lastest posts, I clicked on the link for Knttin' Mom's blog and read hers". I'm surprised when he reads my blog - let alone yours!! But now I'm scared. If he gets wind of this credit card freezing thing . . . mine may be the next to go into the freezer. :(

12:55 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

funny that karen should say that because DF also randomly clicks on people's comments and reads their blogs as well. I don't have links to people's blogs I read on my own, but I'm thinking of changing that.

Oh, and if you freak out about Owen flipping himself onto his stomach, check this one out. My parents woke up one night because they could hear my brother in his crib rustling. They looked over and he was attempting a break out. They thought, surely there's no way he can crawl out of the crib. So they watched. Up he pulled and back in he slid. Over and over. Relieved, they just sat there watching to see how long he'd continue in this manner until he finally conceded defeat. Except that he didn't. He just pulled himself up and finally over. Thud! All with my parents watching. They never said that my brother ever tried doing that again. I guess it only took him one time to figure that one out. Tough love I tell ya!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Jillio said...

you know, the whole "freezing your credit card in a block of ice" thing won't work. use it often enough, and you have the durn number memorized. hah!
such masochism it is to pretend you don't know the number, to close the internet explorer window every time you find yourself looking at the object of consumer affection, to restrain yourself from clicking the little "checkout" button when you put all those items in the cart "just to see how much it will all cost with shipping"...i mean, really, though? we could be spending it on much worse things...like designer bags, shoes, computer gizmos, makeup, clothes, chocolate, etc. i would never have imagined i'd be trying to keep myself from buying yarn.
must...be...strong...have...will...power...!!!
we can get through this, oh yes we can!

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hye there just wanted to say "hi" and Hope you are having a wonderful day! Your son is so cute!!

~SP6~

9:24 AM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

Your little one is such a cutie :)

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home