Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Two days until madness and mayhem!

Although madness and mayhem sounds much too negative - it's going to be m&m of the best kind, heading to Portland this week. The event that I've been anticipating all summer is finally here - Sock Summit 2009 starts Thursday!

My fun actually starts tomorrow, with a pre-Summit luncheon and yarn tasting put on by the fabulous local chef and fiber enthusiast Deb Accuardi. We get to eat a multiple-course meal at her restaurant, Gino's, accompanied by yarn from various indie dyers. Yum! Tomorrow night the food continues with the Sock Summit teachers' dinner, which should be a great time but I have to admit is a little scary. Have you seen the teacher list? It makes my introverted little self weak in the knees, although it's not quite so scary since I already know a few of them.

Today is all about printing and sleeving patterns, interrupted by a trip to Staples and Costco for more paper, ink and sheet protectors... Good times! I'm also going to dig out all the booth samples and make sure they're in good working order, block some socks and generally try to stay busy so I don't freak out.

It helps that I've decided on my next book's topic - it's not what I was thinking it was going to be (textured colorwork is on the back burner, but it will happen one of these days), but I think it will be good. Does the world need yet another sock book? It must, and now you have a huge hint as to what the project will be (but it's not going to be just ANY sock book).

I hope to see many of you at Sock Summit - if you say hi to me and you're met with a blank stare, don't take it personally. I'm fully expecting to be in full-on zombie mode after about Thursday at 6 pm!

3 Comments:

Blogger pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

I think the mayhem and madness has already begun! Starting with our printers...

Looking forward to the whole weekend. I'll see you tomorrow at Deb's luncheon; I'm a last minute squeak-in!

8:23 PM  
Blogger AnaMarie said...

Envy over here. I'm sure all the craziness and work will be worth it! If you find time to go out and look at the dyers' booths, the CraftsMeow has a lovely sample of your Lobster Pot Sock pattern on display in their booth. She wanted to have designs from the teachers' list, and I suggested yours. It might be fun to see if anyone else has any of your designs knit up as samples to sell their yarn and hopefully your patterns too!

9:34 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

More book #2 hints! More hints!

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home