Friday, September 19, 2008

This must be a record!

Three posts in one week! What's going on? Well...school, that's what! Even though the days absolutely fly by, it's so lovely to have 6 hours to myself. I've even managed to keep the house clean, which makes it easier to get other stuff done. I know that whenever I start to feel like this, something happens and everything goes to hades - I keep telling Bill to enjoy it while it lasts (he is).



The kids are both loving their schools. They come home full of stories that make varying levels of sense and even said today that they're sad they don't get to go to school tomorrow. Owen seems to have grown up overnight - he's not my little baby anymore. And Sydney, well, she has grown over an inch in the last three months and seems to be all arms and legs and big ideas. It's so much fun watching them turn into little people, even though I wish they weren't both quite so precocious...oh, how they wear me out. I swear Sydney is going to grow up to be a hostage negotiator.

Today Bill got some pictures of some knitting that I've had lying around, waiting to be photographed. A few weeks ago I got my More Big Girl Knits samples back, and I thought I'd show you how they look on a non-model big girl.

Here's the Bountiful Bohus, which I adore (I just wish Cascade 220 didn't make me itch):



And the Twisty-Stitch Socks, which I also adore (fortunately wool on my feet doesn't itch me like wool on my arms):



Finally, here are the Classic Elite socks that I made for myself on our trip to the east cost in July. I made these out of the leftovers I had from the original design, which is in one of their Fall pattern books. It's one of the only times I've ever sent off a sample and then felt compelled to knit the exact same thing again right away. I really, really love these socks. I changed the toes and heel to dark purple (the original design as them light purple) because I was a'feared of running out of light purple.





I was sad to discover that they came out just a little bit too short. I'm still trying to decide if I want to try blocking the heck out of them since alpaca does tend to grow (although the Alpaca Sox is mostly wool), or if I'm going to suck it up, rip out the toes and add another half of a pattern repeat. We shall see! I'm guessing that ripping the toes will end up being the way to go. But first, I've got a book to write!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me relieve you of the itch of Cascade 220 - your beautiful Bohus can be shipped directly to me.
You can even send it C.O.D.!

You can throw in those Twisty- Stitch beauties as well. (You never know when/if the itching will start!)

I will send you my (snail) mailing address as soon as you have agreed to this brilliant plan!

Seriously, that is some great looking work,
Janey
janeyknitting AT yahoo DOT ca

7:47 PM  
Blogger Ally Jay said...

Great socks. Good luck with the book, what's it gonna be about? I have a daughter called Sydney too.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I love those purple socks. Pattern? And where were you tonight?

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home