Sunday, August 17, 2008

Homeward Bound

Here we go, back across the wild west. We had a wonderful week-and-a-half in Duluth and now we're in Glendive, MT, in the process of slowly making our way home. I barely remember what home is like! It seems like we haven't been there in years. Duluth in the summer is so wonderful, I was almost ready to move in with Mom. Bill and Mark (my stepdad) would've had a few issues with that, however! We have to console ourselves with a too-short week each summer and an occasional winter holiday trip to remind ourselves why we don't live in MN anymore!

I know I said I didn't have any pictures, but my mom, the official family photographer, came through big-time. Here are the top 10 highlights:

1 - me knitting my little swatch on the boat



2 - getting ready to head under the bridge



3 - the little captain



4 - four generations celebrating three August birthdays



5 - playing in the water at Gooseberry Falls



6 - Shetland Sheep in the children's barn at the Carlton County Fair!



7 - on the carousel




8 - riding the ponies



9 - playing in the backyard with a friend who followed us home from the fair



10 - throwing rocks and cooling heels in Lake Superior



What a great trip!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

How fun!! It's been 25 years since I spent a summer in MN. I miss it.

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home