Tuesday, August 05, 2008

On the road again...

Here we are, back in Montana. Yesterday was a fun-filled tour of the southwestern part of the state, complete with a stop at the Mountain Colors dye studio. If you're ever passing through Corvallis, MT, be sure to stop by! Although I'm not sure why you'd be passing through Corvallis - it's south of Missoula and not really on the way to anything else (other than lots and lots of gorgeous wilderness). The dye studio is great, though. I got to meet one of the owners, Leslie, but I could barely put together a complete sentence while talking to her because I was so distracted by all the GORGEOUS YARN!

The front room of the office area is filled with little cubicles stuffed with different yarns dyed up in all their colorways. They also had a lovely display rack with hanks of Mountain Goat showing off all their different colors. I've never really paid much attention to the Mountain Goat, but seeing it displayed like that, shimmering in the sun, it was breathtaking. I snagged a couple skeins for the sock book, including a skein of Bearfoot in their Marigold colorway, which is a fabulous orange. I just can't stay away from that orange!

A couple of days before we left, I tripped in the bank parking lot and fell. As in, full-on, sprawling, shoulder-hitting-the-ground type falling. As in, people driving by rushing over to make sure I'm still alive falling. I was fine (other than the huge bruise on my pride), but I did end up skinning my knee and it has been bugging the heck out of me for the past few days. It's the kind of surface abrasion that burns and weeps pus - it's such a tiny little thing but it's driving me nuts. I can't bend my knee, I can't stand to have anything come close to touching it...I stupidly put a sport bandaid on it the first night without putting any ointment on it and ended up almost dying when I pulled the stuck-on pad off the next night. Okay, TMI, I'm sure, but I wanted to mention that my miracle cure has been lanolin. I still have a few tubes left over from my baby-nursing days and I decided to try it out on the knee. Overnight it made my scrape feel so much better, I can almost walk without limping! Yay me!

The troops are getting restless, so it's time to hit the road again. Wyoming, here we come! Or maybe Billings - we'll see where we end up!

2 Comments:

Blogger Yarnhog said...

Aw, geez. Sorry about the knee. I hate falling in public. It's always more damaging to the pride than the body. But I figure, everyone else probably feels the same way, and most of them are sympathetic.

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might want to try some Neosporin too. Sorry about the knee and the fall but trip to Mountain Colors sounds magnificent!

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home