Monday, September 15, 2008

Whew!

I survived the weekend! And both the kids are in school today, leaving me footloose and fancy free (well, not really, since I spent the morning doing accounting for the show and making up for a Ravelry-free weekend). I dropped Owen off for his first day of preschool this morning, and he trotted right into the classroom like he owned the place. His teacher called us at noon and told us everything was going fabulously. I'm so proud of my little guy!

I can't believe how quickly the day has passed, however. Here I was thinking I'd have all this free time to get stuff done, but I have less than an hour left of my first kid-free day (and don't really have too much to show for it). It doesn't help that I'm still sick and tired. And sick and tired of being sick and tired!

I didn't manage to get very many show pictures (go to Tiggywinkle Knits for a much better summary, including a pic of our booth), but I did remember to snap a few at the dinner on Saturday night. They were taken with the Blackberry camera, which is not bad but tends towards blurriness, particularly in low light. I apologize for the poor photo quality (both to you, gentle readers, and to the subjects of said photographs - to make it up to said subjects, I will be posting an unflattering picture of myself to try to make it up to you).

We had a very fun table on Saturday night - here's cable zen master Janet Szabo and our new favorite knit-guy Carson:



Boy, that picture's bad! They both looked lovely in person, I swear. We also have Ms. Judy (Becker, that is) having fun with light-up knitting needles:



And my friend Margaret Fisher, master knitter, teacher extraordinaire and all-around ninja knitter (and crocheter) with her brand-spanking new book!



Margaret was at the first Cat Bordhi visionary retreat I attended two years ago. While I've spent the time since diddling around and talking about how I'm going to write a book someday, Margaret went and, by golly, she did it! She's got the second gorgeous book to come out of our visionary class (the first being Janel Laidman's Eclectic Sole, which is also amazing). Time for me to get off my duff! You can get Seven Things that can "Make or Break" a Sweater at your LYS very soon, or at the Gardiner Yarn Works booth at OFFF in two weeks. We may still have one or two signed copies left... We'll also have both of Janet's books as well.

But I digress! As promised, here's the terrible picture of me (and a blurry but not-so-terrible-looking Donna):



To make up for that awfulness, I present you with something pretty - my brand spanking new design, Kiwassa. I will have the website updated with all of my newest designs (another wrap and some new socks) later this week, but for now, this will have to do!



7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure I need Kiwassa ASAP!!! It's gorgeous.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Gorgeous!! I can't wait :) Sounds like you have been super busy and then getting sick on top of that! Don't you hate it when life gets in the way of life? ;)

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great shawl!

Remember to get some rest and to drink lots of fluids!

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the show was a huge success for you. I'm jealous you got to meet Judy. We've been trying to hook up for years. Looks like I've got to get myself to Portland for that to happen though.

LOVE the new shawl. That's GORGEOUS!

1:18 AM  
Blogger Janet Szabo said...

I suspect I look better slightly blurry. :-)

What a great show! I hope OFF is great for you as well.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

Your new shawl is just beautiful!

I have some handspun that would be perfect for this! I can't wiat!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

Congratulations on the first day of preschool! If my experience is any indicator, preschool and kindergarten don't really give you much free time. By the time you get to work on anything, it's time to turn around and pick up the kid. But first grade is a revelation. All of a sudden, you have your life back, or at least, enough of it to make some real progress on goals that don't have anything to do with potty training or the alphabet song!

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home