Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Yeccchhhh!

So, I've been gone for 10 days (from blogging, anyway). Did you miss me? Probably not. I've been hit with one thing after another lately - first a stomach bug and now a nasty spring cold that has me constantly feeling like I'm going to sneeze. Even when I finally do squeeze a sneeze out, that tickle immediately comes back. No fun. The good news is that all of this down time has gotten me a lot of knitting time. I've been spending the last 10 days knitting and watching loads of junk TV. I'm now completely obsessed with both Celebrity Fit Club and The Real Housewives of New York City. Sadly, The Real Housewives just ended but there's at least one more episode of Celebrity Fat-I-mean-Fit Club.

While I sit on the sofa and watch people working out, Bill was busy actually working out - he ran the Boston Marathon on Monday morning. He finished in 4:37:26, which he wasn't overly happy with (he was on track for a 4-hour finish at the half-marathon point but had to walk much of the last bit due to various muscular issues). He also forgot to put on his sunscreen and ended up with a horrible sunburn on the top of his shaved head and his shoulders. Poor baby! Not to mention he's been fighting my same cold. It doesn't help that it seems like spring will never come to Portland - we're still getting hail on almost a daily basis and it's in the 40s every morning when I get up.

All this illness meant that I missed the premier event of Portland's knitting social scene - the Yarn Harlot's reading at the World Forestry Center last night. I'd even switched my work schedule so that I had the night off to go see her, but I ended up dragging my sorry carcass home early and going to bed. It's a bummer, especially now that fellow Portlanders are starting to blog about how much fun they had (sorry to flake out on you Amanda, but I'm glad you still made it!). Don't you feel bad for me?

I'm now going to continue feeling sorry for myself, turn up the heat, brew some Throat Comfort tea and watch the rest of the new episode of Work Out. Did I mention how much I love to sit on the couch and knit while watching OTHER PEOPLE exercise?

2 Comments:

Blogger msubulldog said...

Hope you start feeling better soon. I tried to have fun, anyway. *grin*

And a big congrats to Bill on the marathon! A 4:37 marathon is still 26.2 freakin' miles, you know! :)

9:11 PM  
Blogger Wolfgang said...

Hey Chrissy! I look forward to your design process posts. (And I too, am addicted to reality TV. I guess it's the price I pay for being a WAHM!)

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home