Monday, December 31, 2007

Last post of 2007

Can you believe the year is over already? In just a couple months, my baby girl will turn 5 and my darling boy, who seems like he was just born yesterday, will be 3. So much has happened in the last year - we visited Japan and went on the inaugural Sea Socks cruise. I attended my first TNNA shows and had my first patterns published in Interweave Knits. It feels like Gardiner Yarn Works has moved forward by leaps and bounds, and I can't believe I'm exhibiting at TNNA next week. Yowza! I was elected to the board of the Association of Knitwear Designers, attended Cat Bordhi's self-publishing retreat and have continued to meet amazing people and make wonderful friends everywhere I go. I can't wait to see what 2008 has in store for me!

I'm finally starting to feel like I've got my legs under me as far as TNNA goes. I photographed the last of the designs this morning and finished up the new catalog. Patterns are madly being formatted and tech edited (but fortunately that doesn't have to be done before I go). I've got an 8' banner being printed to hang in the booth, and Donna and I are getting together to make our final plans before we meet up in Long Beach.

Looking back, I have to say that attending the TNNA shows was one of the best things I did for my business. It got me ready to exhibit, and it was such a great networking experience. Apart from all the knitting celebrities I got to ogle, it's wonderful to meet up with people I would never see otherwise. I can't wait to see them again in Long Beach as well as meeting up with new folks. It really does help to have connections in this business. I've gotten so much help from so many generous, thoughtful people along the way, I'm excited to finally be at a point where I feel like I can pass the favor along. I'm also totally psyched that I get to meet the famous, fabulous Jess and Casey of Ravelry at TNNA. Yee-haw! Being on the board of AKD does have its advantages...

Here's my favorite picture from this morning's session, courtesy of my hubby:



This is my new Ballerina Slipper design and I'm going to have to knit up a pair for Sydney, and fast - it's all I can do to keep her from running off with the sample pair. She was a great model, holding her feet perfectly still in all kinds of funny positions while we took the shots.

Now I'm off to pick up toys and load the dishwasher so we can start 2008 off on the right foot. Happy New Year, everyone!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are wonderful slippers and a great picture. Very cute. I love feet shots. Happy New Year!!

9:22 PM  
Blogger LizzieK8 said...

Very nice slippers, wonderful pic! HPN

5:58 AM  
Blogger Connie said...

Congrats, Chrissy, on all the successes of the past year - all very well deserved. And best wishes for many more in the new year! :)

1:05 PM  
Blogger lexa said...

Love the slippers! Very nice!

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home