Friday, December 28, 2007

Help!!!

No, I have not been blogging lately. It has finally hit me that TNNA is a mere two weeks away (I fly out on the 11th) - how the heck did that happen? I've been procrastinating like crazy, so of course I'm an insane person right now. Add to that the fact that Bill's building walls in the basement so he can move his office down there (and is trying to soundproof it as much as possible so he can be on the phone without hearing the kids screaming their fool heads off right above him), and things are in complete chaos around here.

I'm working desperately on my new patterns and updated catalog. The kids are being incredibly unhelpful - despite all the new toys they got for Christmas, their favorite game is tormenting Mommy while she's trying to work. I'm completely disgruntled about the fact that there's no school for yet another week! I hope we all manage to survive.

Fortunately, my most helpful friend Donna came over Monday morning to help me get my photography done. I forgot about three designs, so I'll have to do another short photo session in the next couple days, but we got the majority of the work done. Phew! Here are a couple of my favorites (designs will be out by Feb):







And these are just a few of the new designs I've got coming out next month! I hope to have the website updated soon with pictures for all, but first I've got to get all the pictures taken. Yes, I work best under pressure, but this is ridiculous!

I was not helped by the obsessive toy knitting I did for the kids before Xmas. The results were awesome, though. Sydney got mommy and baby fairies along with a very cute unicorn, from Claire Garland's Dream Toys book:



Owen got a trio of the cutest dinosaurs ever from the Knitting at Knoon Prehistoric Pals pattern:



My mother-in-law got a crocheted dishcloth and goat's milk soap in the shape of a sheep (she gave me a little sheep sculpture, so there was a lot of sheepy goodness happening on Xmas!):



And now I'm back to my desperate knitting and pattern formatting. And Sydney has just informed me that Owen just dumped an entire bottle of bubble soap onto the couch. Super. Anybody want to offer up their services as a volunteer full-time nanny and housekeeper for the next two weeks? Please? I'll knit you a Triceratops...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If only I lived closer and hadn't moved back to Coos Bay. I would have so helped you out. :(

6:59 PM  
Blogger Sharon Hurlbut said...

Oooh, I adore all those wonderful knitted toys you made!! And that purple top is gorgeous - I'll be watching for that pattern for sure. Hope the kids settle down for you.

12:20 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

The shawl is gorgeous and I am loving the sweet unicorn! :)

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home