Sunday, February 04, 2007

What a day!

Every time I say that now ("what a day"), it goes through my head in the voice of Mary from Jack's Big Music Show. One of the hazards of having small children in the house!

I started the day glued to my computer, finishing up the February newsletter for the Tigard Knitting Guild. It was a mild form of procrastination, since I was planning to do a long run - 7 miles! - and I wasn't looking forward to it. I finally got as much done on the newsletter as I could, then mapped out my route on the awesome Map My Run site and got going.

And I did it! I actually ran 7.3 miles, and it didn't kill me. In fact, I have finally come to terms with the fact that I am a long-distance runner if I am any kind of runner at all. I am usually in complete agony for the first 45 minutes of a run, which means that when I never run more than 3.5 miles, it always sucks! So today, the first half of my run was awful, and the second half was great. In fact, I felt like I could've kept going (which is a good thing since I'm signing up to do a 15k in March). I love the feeling running that far gives me - like I can do anything. I can't imagine what running an entire marathon will do for me mentally!

After I got home, I turned around and headed back out the door and up to Scappoose to meet with Tina Newton at Blue Moon Fiber Arts. I had a couple finished samples for her, and we talked about what designs she's looking for this year. And of course I got to see yarn, yarn and more yarn! I scored a couple skeins of new yarns that I can't tell you anything about (because then Tina would have to kill all of us), but let me tell you that they are amazing! I also got to see the March sock club colorway and pattern - also amazing!

It is always so fun and inspiring to visit Blue Moon. Tina regaled me with tales of Madrona (next year, I am so there!) and the whole bank vs. sock club fiasco - what a mess! Just don't contact Blue Moon about it (unless you have a specific question about getting into your reserved sock club spot), because Tina needs to spend her time dying yarn, here, folks! Apparently they got flooded with calls and e-mails after the Harlot's post, and although they appreciate the support, they just can't handle the sheer volume of people who get all fired up when the Harlot writes about something like this. Tina is not going to tell you the name of the bank - she does not want to be sued for libel. Makes sense to me!

But that's enough talk - I've got some swatching to do!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger YarnThing said...

You are amazing! I can't job 1 mile let alone 7! Good for you! I am also totally jelous of the Yarn! You gotta tell me how to get a gig like that!
You know, the one that you are able to just get really GREAT FREE YARN!

marly
www.knitthing.blogspot.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It is my dream to get to see where Socks That Rock come from. Maybe if I am a really good girl Tina and Kaci will let me come over there sometime...

10:22 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I'm glad that the 7 miles worked out so well for you. I also believe that running 3.5 miles is about the worst torture you could put me through, so maybe I'll try doubling it and see if it works for me too!

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home