Monday, February 26, 2007

Ugh...jet lag.

We've been fighting jet lag since we got home, but last night we officially lost the battle. We thought we were doing well - both kids were asleep in bed before 10 pm. I was finishing up a couple of submissions that need to be sent out today, and Bill was heading upstairs to join the snoozers. Then, disaster struck. Owen woke up, deciding that what he'd just had was his afternoon nap. After about two hours of trying to get him back to sleep, Sydney woke up.

Bill took Owen downstairs while I tried to get Sydney back to sleep. She tossed and turned and whimpered for about two hours (she also ended up with a 103 degree fever, which may have been the reason why she woke up in the first place), and then she decided she was done trying to go back to sleep and we went downstairs to join the boys.

Around 4 am, the kids finally wore down and we were all able to get to sleep. Poor Bill had to get up 3 hours later to go to work, and Sydney woke up crying shortly thereafter, hot with fever again.

Both the kids are snoozing now, but of course I can't get back to sleep despite only getting about four hours last night. Okay, I spoke too soon - I hear someone getting up...and here comes Sydney, looking miserable and sleepy. Between the time change and the constant illness, we are a wreck here at Chez Gardiner!

3 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

It's hard enough to get young kids to sleep well---let alone fight jet lag! I hope things get better for you soon.

I just got my Cast On magazine and saw your sock pattern. Congrats!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bless your heart! I understand what it's like to get kids asleep. I remember it well. Even now at 20 years old, mine still has a messed up schedule.
I need to bu a Cast On magazine to see your pattern too!

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a lovely time, but boy jet lag sucks. I hope everyone gets back to their routine soon.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home