I am a relatively hard-core yarn snob, although I do like some Lion Brand yarns. I like anything soft and snugly. I hate Lopi.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I've got a lovely dpn holder, but my circs all go in a shoebox. Although looking around, I see three pairs on the dining room table, five pairs on the buffet and one on the phone stand underneath the wireless internet box...
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting off and on since the age of 10, and obsessively for the last year and a half. I'd consider myself advanced since there's not much I'm not willing to take on!
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I do, but it's horribly out-of-date. I have more than enough knitting books (unless you happen to have an Alice Starmore book lying around that you want to give away - har, har), but I would love some good books on organic gardening and/or raising chickens in your backyard.
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
Anything crisp & clean, like melon, citrus, cucumber, green/white tea, light florals.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Do I ever! I am a milk chocolate-aholic.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I don't spin, and don't really have much time to do other crafts (although I would love to get my hands on one of those Subversive Cross-Stitch kits).
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like pretty much all music except heavy metal and country. My computer can play MP3s as well as my iPod.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like almost all colors, except maybe lemon yellow (unless it's for dishcloths). I tend to gravitate towards purple and green, but I'd like to branch out so don't be afraid.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I've got a husband Bill, 3-year-old daughter Sydney & 1-1/2 year old son Owen. We're getting a kitten tonight.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
All except ponchos.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Why, socks, of course!
13. What are you knitting right now?
I'm finishing up a pair of Dublin Bay socks, working on a felted bag for Blue Moon and getting ready to start a few different sock designs for various books/mags/yarn folks.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
I prefer them!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I loves me my circulars. I hardly ever use my straights anymore. I have a few bamboo circs, but I much prefer my steel needles or my Denises.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yup! No need to wind anything for me!
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
If you don't count things that will never be finished, it's about a month right now.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Can't decide between Christmas and Halloween.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Anything having to do with the Simpsons.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I really want Vicki Howell's New Knits on the Block. I'd also love to get my hands on some Vesper sock yarn and some Blue Sky organic cotton. I also love getting beautiful local yarns from my pals that I can't find here!
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Um, how to knit with my feet so I could be twice as productive?
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Um, yes. How could you tell? My foot circ is 8" and length is 9".
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)