Sunday, August 20, 2006

Here we go!

And we're off, in a desperate rush to get the sock updates done before the kids get up. You guys have been busy this week, so I'm pretty sure it won't be happening (you'll know whether it did or not based on what time this post actually shows up).

But first, let's talk about me. I have been knitting furiously on a few different things, including the Creative Knitting project which is due on Wednesday. Eek! Today is all about the miles of attached i-cord I need to finish it off. After I finish that pattern, I have two more patterns to finish grading (the Big Girl Knits 2 sock pattern and the Y2Knit sweater pattern) and polish up before the end of the month. Whew! I also have my Summer Sock Party sock to finish and send off by Sept. 5th. That shouldn't be a huge issue, except for the fact that I seem to have lost it somewhere in my ridiculously messy house. I was going to take it along last night as a car project, but it has vanished. I really hope I can dig it up soon, because I don't want to start over!

We had a yard sale over the last two days, and it was a pretty good success. We got rid of lots of the big baby stuff that we still have hanging around (did I mention in my last post that I've given up on having more kids so Bill and I can stop arguing about it all the time? I do reserve the right to change my mind, but I agreed to get rid of all the baby stuff as a bit of a peace offering). I also put out a ton of baby clothes and Sydney's toddler clothes, which I thought would go right away (if I found a yard sale with clothes like these, I'd go totally nuts!), didn't sell much at all. Some of the stuff I thought would never go sold really fast. It's so bizarre what people will buy. I had a great time just observing people! I also had some breastfeeding propaganda out on the check-out table and was quite happy that several pregnant women picked it up.

But enough about me. Let's talk about YOU!

Stariel made some Trekking socks.

Gerlinde knit up these beauties:


This is a mommy-daughter duo knit out of Knit Picks Sock Garden in Zinnia.


And this is a pair in Sock Garden Daffodil.

Shelley has finished a pair of children's socks and is also starting a Knittin' Mittens knit-along. Go check it out!

Michelle knit up some Orange Camo socks for her honey and has also been incredibly busy opening up her new online store - The Sweet Sheep. She's offering a discount to everyone who e-mails her (details in the post below the socks), so get over there!

Hanne knit some Madder Ribbed Socks.

Ragan finished some Clown Socks and some lovely cabled socks of her own design.

Ginny finished some loooong garter rib socks in fall colors.

Bettina has Shell Socks and some cute doggie pics!

Christa finished some Bearfoot Socks for her dad.

Lara finished two pairs of German socks, one of which is too tiny and darling for words.

Nancy G finished these super-cool King Snake Socks:



Aimee knit some lovely Regia socks for her daughter, but I can't get the picture to download so you'll just have to take my word for it!

Melissa knit these River Rapids socks in Socks That Rock:



Emilee finished her first ever pair of socks - Straight Laced from Knitty! Yahoo!

Nicole finished a pair of Cascading Leaves socks.

Emily whipped up a pair of Knitty's Pedicure Socks (yes, I know, they don't have a toe, but I've made an executive decision to count these as SAM2 socks, so go nuts, pedicure fans!):



Sprite finished some Grey Fixation Socks.

Eva knit up some Dublin Bay Socks in a brilliant shade of Lorna's Laces.

Karen finished up her Embossed Leaves socks during a well-deserved day of couch-sitting.

Sarah whipped up these beauties (love those colors SO much!).

That is all for this week. Tune in next week for much, much more socky fun!

8 Comments:

Blogger lexa said...

Isn't it weird with yard sales and flea markets? A friend of mine makes a lot of money selling her kids' used clothes (a boy and a girl), but when I try I'm lucky to make $20!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Chinoiseries said...

Ooh, all those pretty socks! Did you get my update email? I sent it Friday and I'm not in the list :S (pics of the finished pair are in my blog)

4:28 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Mine are finished, too. I might have left my last comment too late to make the update.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Ah the yard sale. I've stopped doing these as I'm just not up to the haggling, etc. anymore. Glad you had a successful one, though.

6:36 AM  
Blogger jillian said...

Whew you're busy! It sounds as though there aren't enough hours in the day!

Watching people during a yard sale would be entertaining! Glad it went well!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Charity said...

Yard sales are funny that way... I always go straight for the clothes, but I had one this year, too, and took way too many clothes down to the thrift shop afterwards. Ah, well.

You sound so busy! Keep up the good work, Superlady :0)

9:51 AM  
Blogger Ragan said...

Aren't yard sales odd!! One year we ended up selling all of our old cassette tapes, etc. along with ALL of the items that I thought NO ONE would want.
Anyhoooo
I love reading the sock post and checking out all of the neat socks everyone makes.

6:42 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

I just did a multi-mom yard sale today and sold 4 CDs and some VHS tapes! The great toddler and baby clothes I had didn't sell at all, which I thought was frustrating because you know how much you paid for them, and also you don't necessarily just want to give them away.

The sock updates look great!

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home