Saturday, January 07, 2006

SP7 questionnaire

For some reason, I really have trouble spelling the word questionnaire. I always want to put in two r's. Go figure.

Anyway, SP, here it is!

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
Yes! I am afraid I am a yarn snob. I will slum w/ Lion Brand occasionally, but Red Heart? Never!

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I don't spin, but I'd like to. I crochet occasionally, but usually only as trim to my knitting.

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
A shoebox. Obviously I could use something better.

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting since I was a kid. I'd consider myself advanced and adventurous.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Sure do! Link is in my sidebar.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Anything fresh & clean smelling. Nothing too spicy or cloying. Love vanilla, citrus, melon, etc.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes, yes, yes!!! I love chocolate (milk chocolate only, and nothing w/ raisins).

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I make beaded stitch markers occasionally, but usually all my free time is devoted to knitting (and blogging).

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like most music, except for cheesy country and super poppy pop (I don't do Brittney Spears). My computer (and my ipod) will gladly accept MP3s.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like almost all colors, strangely. I guess I would have to nix anything neon, but anything relatively natural is a-ok with me.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
No pets (unless you count the raccoons living under the house...), but I have a husband and two kids (9 month-old son and 3 year-old daughter).

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
All of the above, apart from the ponchos...

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock is my all-time favorite. I love all the Lorna's Laces yarns, as well as Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride, Cascade 220, and most anything from Classic Elite.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Not a big fan of novelty yarn. I don't like cheap acrylics, either.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Socks, socks, socks, as always.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Um, socks.

17. What are you knitting right now?
You guessed it - socks.

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Absolutely!

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Either/or.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I'm big on bamboo, but I love my Denises and my Addis.

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes, both.

22. How did you learn to knit?
Taught by my grandmother as a child.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
About six months (and I think it's going to the frog pond...).

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Anyone from The Simpsons.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas!!!

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Simpsons chotchkes

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
What don't I have? IK, Vogue, Creative Knitting, Cast On, Knitter's.

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Anything on my wishlist, although I'm really jonesing for Meg Swansen's A Gathering of Lace and Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks. I'd also love to get my hands on the Rogue pattern.

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
One of these days, I'm going to do toe-up socks.

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Obviously. My foot is 9" long and 8" around.

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
Aug. 11

5 Comments:

Blogger tammy said...

I want to put that extra 'r' in there too! Silly word! Have fun in the exchange! Wheeeee!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Jillio said...

dude! your birthday is three days after mine! i can add you to my list of cool august babies! i know people born on aug.1-10, 15, 18-25, & 28th. trying to find people to fill the whole month... :) that is a GREAT month! ;P

1:02 PM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

It's so funny that you're joining the 2000 socks knit along, because I ended up joining the KOTR knit along after seeing the link from your blog :)

That's three sock knit alongs for me. I hope you're doing better than me!

7:38 PM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

Me again. You should totally try toe-up socks. They're really cool to knit. My first were the Falling Leaves sock from Knitty.com. Just remember not to pull the end of the short row stitches too tight.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Shelby said...

Hi Chrissy,

Thanks for posting your Sp7 Questionnaire! I hope you have fun spoiling your pal, and getting spoiled too! I see you joined the Olympics, I did too! Good luck!

Shelby

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home