Monday, November 16, 2009

And now for the lamest post ever...

I've been under the weather all week, so I don't feel much like writing. I don't know what the deal is, but if I don't start feeling not crummy soon, I'm going to lose it!

Before I got the crummies, we had a pretty active week. I was booked to speak Tuesday night at the Snohomish Knitter's Guild, which is an amazing new guild up north of Seattle. Since Wed was President's Day and the kids didn't have school, we decided to make a mini-vacation of it and spend the night at Great Wolf Lodge. Donna and her family came with us, so hubbies and kids hung out and had fun while D & I went up to the guild meeting.

The guild was fabulous. They're very new (I think this was their 3rd meeting) but extremely well-organized. I blabbered about the book and the socks for a little while and then answered a bunch of questions. They then gave everyone about 15 minutes to buy books and patterns, which wasn't nearly long enough (my only complaint about my visit, although to be fair, they could've cut my talk short to give more time but they didn't - kind of like when I let my kids sleep until the last possible minute and then wonder why we can't quite make it to school on time...).

After the meeting wrapped up (they finished up with show-and-tell, which is always great fun when I'm not the one doing the showing/telling), we headed back to Great Wolf, where the kids and Bill were sound asleep after hours of fun at the water park and arcade. The next morning, we wore ourselves completely out in the wave pool. I couldn't talk Sydney into going on the big waterslides with me (poor Owen is still too short), but we had lots of fun in the little kid area. Poor Owen had a bit of a scare when he spotted Bill and started to run towards him, only to be hit with the full brunt of the 1,000 gallon bucket that spills over every 15 minutes or so. Of course I was safely under cover and didn't sacrifice myself for the boy. He was fine - just a little startled! Neither kid can really claim to be afraid of getting their faces wet at swimming lessons after that experience.

The rest of the week I've spent trying to recover from a stomach bug. I don't know if it was something I ate up in Washington or stress or what, but it's really annoying. I went to the doctor this afternoon and he said there's nothing serious wrong with me - I just have to wait it out. I'm happy not to have to medicate, but I'm also annoyed that it doesn't seem to want to go away! I'm also very annoyed to have missed my speaking gig at the Millstream Guild on Saturday. I was not ready to spend that much time standing (or in a place where I couldn't run to the bathroom without leaving behind a room full of people waiting for me to return), so Donna went in my place, bless her! Obviously she couldn't sign books, but she's heard me talk about the socks enough (and she knows the pattern line as well as I do) that I'm sure she was a great substitute.

Now I have to get myself back in action by Thursday for the Tigard Guild - the last of my November guilds. My mom arrives on Friday, and then we have a week of fun leading up to Thanksgiving. How is November half over already?!? Less than two months until TNNA and I am NOT prepared at all. Considering that I spend 50% of the time these days seriously considering shuttering GYW all together (just when it's starting to really cook - that would be smart, now, wouldn't it?), I need to take it one day at a time. If I don't have new designs for TNNA, so be it! Nobody's going to die, right? If it keeps me functional, we might just have to live with it for now.

And now I'm certain I'm not making any sense at all, so it's time to do my evening meditation (and try to talk my stomach into settling down) and go to bed! I will not watch the premiere of Chef Academy I will not watch the premiere of Chef Academy I will not watch the premiere of Chef Academy...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not a stomach bug, it's that germy waterpark! I got sick as a dog the one and only time I went to Great Wolf Lodge!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, I'm so sorry that you got sick while you were up here! I'm glad you were able to make it to our meeting - and I really do appreciate the input about giving speakers more time to sign and sell books!

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home