Monday, June 02, 2008

Tick tock, tick tock...

Only three days left until I leave for Columbus and TNNA - yikes! I feel much more prepared this time than I did in January, though. I've only got a couple patterns left to finish and send off to tech editing (IIRC, in January I had more than that) and I'm feeling sort of twitchy this week not having more to do. I've only got one project on the needles and that's making me a little twitchy as well. I've got to get something else started and quick! I've been so busy with commissioned projects and the new GYW stuff all spring that I neglected my submissions - that means I don't have many new commissions coming up (apart from a bunch of socks, but I've got those down to a science these days and they don't worry me like, say, a sweater would). Time to get back to the design project I've been promising you all! That will be next on the list after TNNA has been survived.

In my free time, I've been watching the primary shakeout more and more obsessively. I've found my peeps on the Knitters for Obama forum on Ravelry and can't go more than a couple hours without checking in there to see what the latest scuttlebut is. I just wish things weren't so divisive - I worry about my party on a daily basis. The Knitters for Obama group is organizing a bunch of charity knitting, to be donated to a homeless shelter that caters to veterans, and I'm throwing myself into that project over the summer. I don't get to do nearly as much charity knitting as I'd like, but this will finally get me off my tush - I've pledged four items per month over the summer, including a bunch of washcloths, hats and even a scarf or two. The hats and washcloths only take a few hours each, so I really don't have any excuse not to do them.

My "health revitalization project" is also going very well. I've lost 10 lbs since mid-April, despite the cruise, and my Portland-to-Coast training is going better every week. I've started doing yoga again (I used to be pretty good, but it's a struggle now with all that extra chub in the way) and I'm using the high gas prices as an excuse to walk everywhere. Over the weekend we walked to the farmer's market and to my in-laws' (5 miles round-trip). I'm planning to walk to my class on Wednesday. If I can keep my blisters under control, it should all be good.

And now, back to the grind. I've updated the website, so you can see full details on all the new designs at http://www.gardineryarnworks.com/catalog.html. See you next week with a full TNNA recap!

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Amy said...

Have fun at he Columbus OH TNNA! This is my hometown and I will unfortuneately be in California on business this weekend. So I will miss the TNNA this year (sniff, sob). But please, have a bunch of fun for me.

Thanks, Amy

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home