Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Yuck.

I know this blog is in serious jeopardy (okay, I just had to open Word to see how to spell jeopardy. My first attempt was "jeapordy". Some Mensa member I am...) of becoming one of those blogs where all the blogger does is piss and moan about how terrible life is. I'm going to try to mitigate that somewhat with pictures of our new lawn.

We've got sproutlets!



This is our newly seeded Fleur de Lawn ecolawn (doesn't need water once it's established and only needs to be mowed twice a year). We've also got the most gorgeous lilacs:



This lilac bush was my 5th anniversary gift from Bill. Isn't it fabulous? And check out our gigantic chickens:



Can you believe they're only three weeks old? They're huge! When I pick them up (which is harder and harder to do these days), they eye me like I'm prey! They totally look like tiny dinosaurs, which I guess is appropriate since they are the closest living relative of the T-Rex (oh, the things you can learn from children's television). I miss the fuzzy little peepers they were when they first arrived, but I console myself with the fact that the bigger they get, the closer we are to a backyard supply of those fabulous organic eggs.

And our kitchen. Oh, our kitchen! The sink is finally hooked up, which means the dishwasher is running after nearly two weeks of eating takeout and scrubbing glasses in the bathroom sink. It still needs a fresh coat of paint on the cabinets and the horrifying purple ceiling has yet to be hidden from view, but the counters are in, the sink is hooked up (complete with our fabulous $500 faucet which I consider to be my third child), and the guys figure they'll be out of our hair tomorrow. I love it!

Okay, there really is something to be said for accentuating the positive! Here I was all set to bitch about my problems, but life really isn't so bad when I think about it. Sydney now has the stomach bug, Owen blew through his diaper today all over the playroom carpet, and I'm coming down with yet another cold, right before Sea Socks, but hey, I've got a new kitchen! And lilacs! And ecological lawn mix sprouting in my backyard! Rock on!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful lilacs!!

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, you just used the words "blew through" and "diaper" in the same sentence...I'm...disturbed.
Good to hear you are enjoying the home improvements and such. I'm a little jealous of you, for having chicks. But I don't like eggs, so it wouldn't really work for me.
Erica
www.bikinielf.com

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home