Friday, March 24, 2006

Socka-rama-lama-ding-dong

Well, kpixie had Vesper sock yarn on sale today. I, of course, missed out since the house was full of screaming children at the designated sale time. Oh, well. I'm not supposed to be buying sock yarn right now anyway!

You guys have all been terribly busy! Here is another long list of updates.

Mary Beth made the coolest pair of swirly socks.

Helga gets a brownie point for some Embossed Leaves.

StarzAbove finished some lovely Blue-Purple-Red toe-up socks.

Zonda finished some Thujas and is itching to cast on with the Bearfoot she won from Abigail last month.

Ragan (who really needs to change her blog name to "Ragan knits REALLY well - you gotta problem wif dat?") finished some rockin' knee socks for her daughter.

Christy gets a brownie point for some Sooner Socks of her own design.

Jennifer gets an M for some crazy zebra socks for her sock pal. Love them!!!

JessaLu gets her M for some very pretty Oak Rib Socks.

Tina gets her first brownie point for some yummy-looking red slipper socks. I want them!

Karen goes crazy with the baby socks to get 5 (*****) brownie points!

Ann finished a pair of Sweetie Socks and put them in a nice little album complete with progress pics. The birth of a sock! How cool!

Elizabeth gets a brownie point for some Easter Egg socks she made for her niece.

Elspeth finished her Olympic Jaywalkers! Better late than never!

Christine finished some Jaywalkers that were meant to get her a J but instead are going to get her an M. Oh, and she has a knitting podcast, too! I just got it downloaded but haven't given it a listen yet. I've heard lots of good things about it, so I'm guessing I'll love it. Go check it out, all you podcast listeners!

In the midst of some crazy wedding planning, Jen managed to finish some Yukon Leaves socks for her sock pal. And she picked out her wedding dress! So exciting.

Dene has just taken the brownie point lead in a big way. She is knitting baby socks for the Longest Line charity drive and has finished 14 pairs. That gives her an M and 13 brownie points. Wowza! She's actually up to 17.5 pairs, but only has pics of 14 on her blog and you know what a stickler I am for those pictures!!!

Karen finished a pair of Thujas for herself to give her poor Socklings a rest.

That's it! That's some crazy socking, y'all! At the end, I'm definitely going to count how many socks we've all made throughout this knit-along. I bet the results will be quite impressive.

I got my spring Knitter's magazine in the mail yesterday and got a little thrill when I realized that my design is going to be in the next issue that comes! And thank you all for your great comments about my IK acceptance. Bill read a bunch of them and commented that it seems like getting accepted there is a big deal. Uh, yeah! After seeing how you guys reacted, I think he understands a little better why I was all crazy after getting the phone message from Pam Allen.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Well yeah he should be as excited as you are. You got a call from Pam Allen!

6:48 PM  
Blogger Ragan said...

Getting published IS HUGE! :)
And...
Now that I get an M for the knee socks...I have a second pair for a brownie point! Yay!

7:16 AM  
Blogger amandazen said...

I agree with Jennifer and Ragan gettin published is a big deal, I feel honored just to know you :)!

Great bunch of socks everyone. I have to get on the ball and make my March socks!

Amanda :)

1:19 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Um, yeah! Bill clearly hasn't been knitblogging enough to see how excited people get when their IK comes in the mail... ;) Congrats again and thanks for all the sock updates. You're doing such a great job as hostess for this sock-a-long.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Cece said...

Can't wait to see your new design!

I got another pair finished: http://fiberfish.blogspot.com/2006/03/more-good-things.html .

Have you thought of seperating out the childs socks from adults in the brownie point race? Just a suggestion...

6:56 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Just wanted to let you know I completed another pair of socks. This pair is a baby pair (like Karen has been doing, or similar) and they have a turned heel, so I assume they'll count for a brownie point. Just wanted to let you know so you can add it to the list :o)

http://kittenyarnsandcrafts.blogspot.com

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home