Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Better late than never!

This was supposed to be posted yesterday, February 7, on Charles Dickens' 199th birthday. However, yesterday I was dealing with calls from the assistant principal (the boy spent the afternoon in her office, bless him) while knitting furiously on a replacement Valencia (the original sample got lost in the mail last summer) and watching a Real Houswives of New York rerun marathon. So...in other words, I was busy with Very Important Stuff.

Without further ado, here's my latest project (well, not MY project per se, but one I was very happy to be involved with):



(Click on the image to be taken to the preorder page.)

Here's a little peek at my project, inspired by Wilhelmina, the heroine of Bram Stoker's epic vampire novel Dracula:



This sweet little baby was a welcome break for me from socks, socks and more socks. I love socks and all, but it is nice to branch out every once in awhile! The book includes the work of a bunch of designers, inspired by works of classic literature, and each designer wrote an essay about how their design emerged from their chosen characters. It's great fun, and another experiment in non-traditional publishing spearheaded by Heather Ordover of Craftlit and Shannon Okey of Cooperative Press.

And now back to our regularly scheduled program of learning to spin, losing weight at boot camp and dealing with an overly exhuberant kindergartener and newly knitting 2nd-grader. Yes, I have more to talk about very soon!