Thursday, April 29, 2010

Knit Nation 2010!



The post isn't up yet, but today is my day to be featured on the Knit Nation 2010 blog (in the meantime, you can read a great post about Clara Parkes). Somehow I managed to get myself invited to teach at this guaranteed-to-be-a-good-time new knitting festival happening in London this summer. Here's the official promotional blurb:

"Knit Nation is a knitting and spinning expo that will take place in London, England July 29-31. There will be yarn, classes, fiber, and festivities including a Ravelry talk and party. Centrally located at the Royal College next door to the renowned Victoria and Albert Museum, you can absorb the sites of London between classes, yarn shopping, and searching for the perfect skein of Wollmeise. Please come join us!"

Sounds like the perfect excuse to get your passport updated, eh?

I'll be teaching my basic toe-up sock class (which I've started to refer to as "boot camp for toe-up socks"), designed to get you on the path to knitting toe-up without fear. I'll also be teaching an intro to neck-down triangular lace shawls and two-at-once toe-up socks. You can view a complete list of classes from all the teachers (it's quite the line-up) here.

Come join us for loads of fibery (and touristy) fun! "Look, kids! Big Ben, Parliament." (Extra credit if you can tell me where that quote comes from...)

3 Comments:

Blogger C. said...

National Lampoon's European Vacation

2:32 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

You. Are. So. Lucky! I want to go! London is one of my all time favorite places to visit. I could probably live in England if it wasn't so far from my family. I don't know where the quote is from but my aunt and I said that all the time when we last visited London. With a British accent, of course!

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Radu Prisacaru - UK Internet Marketer said...

great post as usual!

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home