Saturday, July 28, 2007

We're all business here...

Nothing to see here, folks. I've had a very exciting time this week getting my SSL set up on the Gardiner Yarn Works shopping cart. This is the first step in preparation for accepting credit cards directly in my shopping cart (rather than making people use PayPal). I also applied for a merchant account, which is what actually processes the credit cards. It's not quite ready yet, but now if you go through the login and checkout process in the Gardiner Yarn Works store, you'll see the little secure padlock in your browser (or at least, that's the hope!). I've also been working on the business plan. And writing patterns. And trying not to kill the kids...

After a relatively slow summer commissions-wise, I've got a bunch of stuff slated for the fall. I'm working on projects for three different books (!) as well as more stuff for Blue Moon, Hip Knits and the Sweet Sheep. I'm also doing a sock club pattern for the Woolgirl sock club - I just got the yarn in the mail, and it is FAB-U-LOUS. I've also got toe-up and top-down sock patterns to write for the classes I'm teaching at Twisted. Whew!

We are heading off on our annual trip to Minnesota next weekend (yikes!) and we're going to be driving again, so I'll have plenty of knitting time in the car. Bill has managed to set up some meetings in Montana, so his company will be covering our travel expenses that far. I can't wait - I just love road trips! I'm going to be sussing out yarn shops to hit while Bill is meeting with bankers... On the way back, we're going to drive through Yellowstone to show the kids Old Faithful. I just love that place.

I'd love to stay and chat some more, but I just wound up a lovely cake of Dream In Color Smooshy for my sock class pattern. It needs to be knit. I'm sure you understand...

2 Comments:

Blogger LavenderSheep said...

I'm so glad that Jen got ahold of you for Woolgirl. She is so awesome!

Have fun on your trip.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Berlinswhimsy said...

Delurker here... Have fun on your vacation! Yellowstone has great memories for our family. I swear, it's a wonderment of the earth...

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home